We believe that God has established in Scripture the sanctity and companionship of marriage. We believe that marriage is created by God as a lifelong and unique covenant, between one man and one woman.
Therefore, as ministers of God, we believe it is our responsibility to encourage couples to set aside time for marriage preparation. We acknowledge that a wedding is but a day, while a marriage is for a lifetime.
Therefore, we have established these high standards:
- We expect a minimum of four months marriage preparation
- We require a minimum of four premarital counseling sessions. Three sessions will cover the basic Biblical instruction on marriage. The specific plans for the wedding ceremony will be discussed in the last session. Additional sessions are available from our preacher and can be arranged through him. All premarital counseling sessions from our minister are free.
- The Bible says, "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge" (Heb. 13:4). Therefore we expect sexual abstinence outside of marriage.
- If you have been divorced, we will not perform your ceremony (unless you can convince us that the divorce fell within the strict standards established by Jesus in Matthew 19:9 as we understand it.)
- The Bible says, "Do not be bound together with unbelievers" (2 Cor. 6:14). If sound teaching and counsel cannot persuade you to obey this admonition and you are a Christian intent on marrying a non-Christian, we require an additional five sessions. These five sessions will cover the basics of Christianity so your unbelieving mate will know why you believe what you do.
A minister from the church of Christ shall officiate at all marriages in the building. The
elders of the church must approve use of ministers other than the local preacher.
No specific charge is made for the minister’s services, but courteous appreciation should be
expressed for his time and involvement.
The official wedding photographer may take photographs during the ceremony. Pictures
may be taken during the processional and recessional. After the recessional, the wedding
party may return for as many pictures as desired. You may also arrange to have the
building at your disposal for pictures before the ceremony. You may select your own
Music used with the ceremony should be in keeping with the sacredness and dignity of the
wedding service. All music must be preapproved by the minister. There are restrictions on
the use of musical instruments in the building.
If you desire a soloist, you may select whomever you desire for this part of your wedding.
Fees for the soloist are a private arrangement and should be so arranged in advance.
It is often desired to have a wedding rehearsal usually held the day before the wedding.
This is the time for working out the final details of who does what, where and when. If you
are fully prepared, no rehearsal should take longer than one hour, probably less. Plan to be
on time for the rehearsal
A reception for the wedding guests may be held following the service either at the church
building or another location, which you may choose.
No food or drinks are allowed in the auditorium.
There is a $200 cleaning and damage deposit for non-members due at the time of
reservation. The building should be left clean and in the condition you found it. The use of
our custodian must be pre-arranged.
You may select your own florist for the arrangements you desire. Flowers must be in clean,
rust free, leak-proof containers.
Only drip-less candles may be used. To prevent drippings on the floor, a protective
covering under the candelabra is required. In the event of dripping on furniture, floor,
or carpets, you will be responsible for cleaning and reimbursement for damage.
Church premises shall be left clean after removal of floral decorations.
No rice or confetti throwing is allowed at the church building, inside or out, since
these might cause someone to slip and be injured.
USE OF ALCOHOL
It is expected that all members of the wedding party will refrain from alcoholic beverages
immediately preceding both the rehearsal and the wedding. If one of the principal members
of the wedding party arrives for the wedding under the influence of intoxicants, the wedding
will not be preformed here.
Positively no liquor is to be added to the punch or served at a reception at our building.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the church building.
FREE MARRIAGE INSURANCE
We will offer two post marital counseling sessions within the first year of marriage. You may
also attend classes and other marriage enrichment opportunities designed to build and
strengthen marriages that are offered by the church. Crisis counseling for any trouble spots
you may encounter during your life are also offered by our ministers without cost.
(Seating capacity: approximately 200)
• Non Members....... $300.00
• Members ............. Check with church office