Did you know?
- Eduardo and Aracely heard the “Macedonian” call to come to Oregon from Texas to share the gospel with Spanish speakers in Oregon.
- In 2002, the Gandara family began working with the Keizer Church of Christ, with Eduardo leading Iglesia de Cristo services.
- In 2006, Ron and Eduardo led the first bilingual Sunday service at Oregon City, to
initiate a Spanish ministry outreach in the Oregon City area. While Eduardo continued
ministering in the Salem/Keizer area, Oregon City had Spanish language services led
by Ken Hines and Rudy Wray. In 2007, Raul and Kim Solis came from Mexico to work
with the Oregon City Hispanic ministry.
- In the fall of 2008, Eduardo began leading Hispanic Bible classes and worship
services at the Oregon City church while continuing to preach at the Keizer Iglesia de
Cristo Sunday afternoons, with the support of both congregations.
- In 2009, Eduardo, Aracely, Hector, and Diana moved into the house on the Oregon
City church property. Eduardo continued leading the Hispanic ministries at both
Oregon City and Keizer through 2017. The Oregon City church took over financial
support in 2018, with Eduardo transitioning to full time at Oregon City.
During the past 15 years with us at Oregon City, Eduardo has preached, taught classes, led singing, performed weddings, baptisms, and funerals. He has nurtured and supported the Spanish speaking community throughout the Northwest and beyond through his online classes. Aracely has taught women’s classes in person and on-line with participation across the U.S. and internationally. Hector and Diana have been involved with the Hispanic services, as well as with the youth group, regional Bible Challenges, and All Summer Bible Adventures. The Gandaras are an integral part of our church family and have been a great encouragement to the church here at Oregon City.
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” (Romans 10:15